About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
My very own beauty diary sharing my thoughts and reviews on makeup & all things beauty related.NC35/NC40 rec.

Followers

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Too Faced Primer & NYX 10 Color Palettes

Hello loves,

I've been checking in at Ulta & Sephora for the Urban Decay NAKED Palette for awhile now. Ulta won't get anymore til next weekend or the end of October. Went to two different Sephora stores & both told me they won't get anymore shipment til January?!? I really want it since I use those kind of colors & shades. I could create so many different smokey eye looks with it. I didn't know about it when it first launched out. So I did miss out =/. I only keep updated with MAC collections. I don't get to read through makeup forums as much. Specktra has too much going on...I think that's like brag central *sorry no offense*. MUA is kinda weird with their forums too, seems a lil unorganized. Temptalia's blog is probably where I need to check on for updates with other brands collections.

Anyways, went in to Ulta today to get the Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Primer. I really needed some new eyeshadows for different smokey eye looks I had in mind. I already have a full filled 15 pan MAC palette with neutral & brown shades. I've been neglecting MAC eyeshadows lately. Maybe you guys can help me? I was checking out NYX's section. I was playing with their single eyeshadows & I love the texture of em & how pigmented they are. I really like it better than MAC sorta. Their singles are like $5-6.99 each? Then I looked down & saw the 10 color palettes for $9.99 & Buy 1 get 1 50% off sticker on it. I've seen some of these on blogspot before but I don't remember what or how the swatches looked like. I played & swatched with the Smokey Eyes & the Champagne & Caviar palettes. I fell in loveeee. I'm like perfect..I have 20 colors to play with until I get the NAKED Palette. Some of the colors look similar to some of the shades in the UD NAKED palette. Shoot why not..only $15 for these two palettes. I can't wait to try different looks with these. I think Imma have to go back & get some back ups. I wanna get one for my cousins & friends now. Great stocking stuffers =).


















The Smoke Eyes palette































The Smokey Eyes Palette- Ahh these colors are soo sexy! Some matte & shimmer shades. Very velvety & smooth. Not too much shimmer, I like it. I would definitely use this with a primer or base for it to kinda show really good. Well the black and really dark shade is a bit chalky. Could be used for liner or applied wet on the lash line though. I don't mind the black shade not being a true black. I already have MAC's Carbon & Black Tied that I don't use often. I just like that this can create a soft or dramatic look. Warm or Cool toned too. Great for beginners *like me sorta =)* haha. I barely learning how to blend and do eyeshadows. It's hard working with my eyelids.
--------


Champagne & Caviar Palette



















Champagne & Caviar Palette- Pretty neutral colors. Perfect for soft daytime smoke! Nothing to complain about really. The colors reminds me of Too Faced Natural & Naked eye kit. I don't have any eyeshadows similar to this. My neutral MAC palette consist of more brown & bronze shades. So I can use some of these colors for an all over the lid or base & for a darker crease, I can just use some from the Smokey Eye palette =).

Hope this helped! Might not be a must habe for everyone but I'm not picky either. I usually try to make whatever makeup work on me. All about blending and really good primers! IMO. I used to be a MAC snob, but Im just giving drugstore brand a chance. If it sucks..I wouldnt bother raving about it. I like finding good deals. Beauty on a budget...it's hard to keep up with an addiction to makeup & such!


-----------------------------------




















Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Primer- I have a thing for primers. I use Victoria's Secret PRO FX & Bare Escentuals Prime Time. I have Smashbox Photo Finish too...still halfway full & I find myself not reaching for it at all. Stupid pump stopped working. 2nd time that's happened to me.

I was given a sample of this at Sephora last week. I tried it & fell in love with it. LOl I fall in love with everything the first time..until I find a better hmm love =). I feel like a primer cheater! Anyways, I really like how this stuff feels. So freaking smooth. A lil thick, but as you rub it off it's not so thick or heavy feeling. Doesn't feel greasy. After I applied it, my face looked very silky smooth without any foundation on. Pores looked smaller too. I wouldn't put too much on or else it might be hard to blend your concealer or foundation in. I've read reviews & I think some applied too much of it. It is thick & not slippery, so people might think they need more than they really do. $30 for 1 oz though...that's the only thing that sucks about it. It's a lil pricey. Its like a better version of Loreal's magic perfecting base primer though honestly. I didn't really like that stuff though. I'm not sure if I will repurchase this. All primers are expensive though. I would invest in a primer since it really does help on how your makeup application goes. So we'll see til I run out I guess.
























































Next primers I want to try are the UD de-slick one, Rimmel's, & Hard Candy Sheer Envy. Have you guys tried any of these? What are you currently using for your face primer?

11 comments:

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

I have two palettes of those NYX eyeshadows and I do like them for awhile. But I dont seem to reach for it much. I have way too much makeup. But it will be great in my makeup bag for travel since it has 10 shades in each palette. Anyways, I dont really use primer except for the smashbox primer I got a sample of. Also benefit's thatgal and loreal perfecting base. Havent found the one i "love" yet. I have to try that too faced one.

♥Bunny♥ said...

really love the Champagne & Caviar Palette! Agree that it will be perfect for day time smokey! Thanks for the swatches! Love it!!

Steph said...

nyx have just recently come to the uk and i was debating to get some palettes to start off with. i will defo get some now, i also have the naked palette its brill!!! they have tonnes stocked here in the uk!

xx

Leah ♥ said...

great post!!! I have a bunch of NYX palettes and I thought they were better than MAC too because theyre easier to blend BUT the smokey eye palette is so fragile! The shadows will crack if you drop it once and after awhile they become powdery and the excess gets every...The color and pigmentation will still stay amazing though.

I use MAC's skin base visage as a primer and I HIGHLY recommend it!!! It smells great and makes a big ass difference when using it under foundation. Its like 30 bucks but once you try it 30 bucks will sound cheap. The strobe cream is amazing too. You will notice your skin brighter instantly with that stuff. I interchange the two but I need some more strobe cream

TinkerBi said...

I have both of the nyx palette.. and they are amazing for the price! I use smashbox primer w/ spf and the original smashbox primer w/o the spf.

Unknown said...

I don't have any NYX shadow palettes, but really want Champagne & Caviar now. Great post. xx

Donna said...

im really loving the champagne and caviar palette! i used the philosophy primer for a week and it did nothing for my skin so i returned it back to sephora. ever since then i thought primers are blehk but i guess it just depends on your skin and the product you use! anyway im gonna go out and buy that palette haha i love the colors!

Nadine Natalin said...

nice palette :) its so pigmented

leslie said...

im soo freaking sad! ive been saving literally no lie to splurge on the naked palette and now i called my local sephoras an they said that theyre out completely and the girl told me they wont have any till next year! booooo *tears* i mean i wanted those shadows soo bad! they looked beautiful and i thought it was good for the price an im not sure i want to spend 34 for the palette by 2faced but idk :( im soo sad guys seriously! but the caviar looks really nice they dont sell nyx in my targets here wich is weird i only see it in ulta but i will for sure check it out thanks!

kawaiikao said...

oooh i definitely think you got more bang for your buck with those palettes! i've been wanting to try those palettes. so pretty!

uber cosmetics said...

Eyebrows are one of best way to make your eyebrows grow thicker most noticeable parts of one's face, best way to make your eyebrows grow thicker thicker they are, best way to make your eyebrows grow thicker more highlighted are your eyes. Thick eyebrows also go with any kind of make-up. But not all of us can lay a natural claim to thick eyebrows. Some of us have sparse and scanty eyebrows, and we are always scouting for remedies to make them thicker.